Thermarest Polar Ranger™ -20F/-30C Sleeping Bag
Designed in conjunction with renowned polar explorer Eric Larsen, the Polar Ranger -20F/-30C down sleeping bag is built for the coldest places on earth. Previously a recipient of Backpacker Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award, the lightest and most feature-rich bag in its class just got better. It utilizes cutting edge box-baffled construction and is filled with highly compressible, PFC-free 800-fill. This advanced down maintains its loft and warmth longer, even in the challenging conditions of extended expedition use in the arctic cold. It absorbs 90% less water and dries 3x faster than untreated down—a big plus on long trips where periodic drying is required. The ultralight shell and soft liner are made from planet-friendly GRS-certified 100% recycled nylon. A unique snorkel hood with a magnetic closure helps seal in warmth while routing exhaled moisture away from the bag to preserve loft. Drafts are kept at bay by extensive, overstuffed draft tubes and a pair of side vents allow for custom ventilation while freeing your arms while still in the bag. Other features include an insulated Toe-asis™ foot-warming pocket, to link bag and sleeping pad, an interior stash pocket, external loops for attaching a quilt or blanket for more warmth, and an anti-snag YKK® zipper.
- Recycled Shell & Liner: GRS-certified 100% recycled fabrics are eco-friendly while being lightweight, soft and durable; anti-snag YKK zipper ensures easy entries and exits and prevents tears.
- 800-Fill : PFC-free and absorbs 90% less water and dries 3x faster than untreated down.
- : Certification that ensures the waterfowl in the down supply chain are treated humanely.
- Snorkel Hood: Designed to allow for easy breathing and to ventilate exhaled moisture to preserve loft; magnetic closure keeps cross-drafts at bay and eases entry/exit.
- Side Vents: Allow for external arm use and customizable temperature control; overlapping draft tubes prevent cold spots when closed.
- : Ultralight straps create a secure bag-to-sleeping pad connection that optimizes the comfort and thermal efficiency of your entire sleep system.
- Additional Features: , cinchable draft collar, YKK® anti-snag zipper, interior stash pocket, overstuffed draft tubes, external quilt loops, draft collar.
Compression sack and storage sack included.
|Weight (Standard)||3 lbs 4 oz||3 lbs 7 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||1.48 kg||1.56 kg|
|Width (Standard)||32 in||34 in|
|Length (Standard)||81 in||86 in|
|Height (Standard)||6.5 in||6.5 in|
|Fits (Standard)||72 in||78 in|
|Fits (Metric)||183 cm||198 cm|
|Girth, Shoulder (Standard)||64 in||68 in|
|Girth, Shoulder (Metric)||163 cm||173 cm|
|Girth, Hip (Standard)||59 in||60 in|
|Girth, Hip (Metric)||150 cm||152 cm|
|Girth, Foot box (Standard)||46 in||51 in|
|Girth, Foot box (Metric)||117 cm||130 cm|
|Packed dimension (Standard)||8.5 x 10 in||8.5 x 10 in|
|Packed dimension (Metric)||22 x 25 cm||22 x 25 cm|
|EN Comfort (C)||-20 C||-20 C|
|EN Comfort (F)||-4 F||-4 F|
|EN Limit (C)||-30 C||-30 C|
|EN Limit (F)||-20 F||-20 F|
|Fill material||800 Fill Goose Nikwax Hydrophobic Down RDS||800 Fill Goose Nikwax Hydrophobic Down RDS|
|Fill weight (Standard)||2 lbs 2 oz||2 lbs 6 oz|
|Fill weight (Metric)||0.97 kg||1.07 kg|
|Shell fabric||100% Recycled Nylon RipStop w/ DWR||100% Recycled Nylon RipStop w/ DWR|
|Lining fabric||100% Recycled Nylon RipStop||100% Recycled Nylon RipStop|