Jackson Kayaks Coosa FD 12'7"
Jackson Kayak takes the Coosa HD to another level with the Coosa FD 12/7 which includes their innovative Flex Drive Mark IV System.
With forward and reverse capabilities, the Flex Drive’s unique design features an articulated shaft that protects the prop when paddling in shallow water or near submerged obstacles. The design also provides an easy way to clean away weeds or debris as the hinged prop cover is located directly in front of the seat for easy access. This means you don’t have to remove or raise the Flex Drive in order to clean it, nor do you have to get off the water as it can be done on the fly!
To view the Coosa HD 12/6 that is setup without the Flex Drive pod, click here!
The Coosa FD 12/7 is a beefed up version of the original with additional features, more storage, and added length and width. The hull is still river-friendly, but the longer length improves tracking on flat water lakes, while the greater width improves stability for heavier paddlers and boosts confidence for standing and fishing.
Beyond being a river-friendly fishing kayak, the Coosa FD 12/7 features an open deck layout to keep gear within easy reach. The large cockpit includes a centre console not found on the original model yet still features the pre-installed traction pads offer a slip-free experience. Gear tracks are located on either side of the deck in the FD version, and a rod holder and cup holder are included in the package.
NEW for 2022 the HiLo Comfort Seat with an ergonomic design for support right where it's needed, while the quick-dry material prevents mold and increases the longevity. The seat is fully adjustable and removable for times when you're in need of a comfortable beach chair!
- Rigid ergonomic grip handles bow and stern
- Bow and stern hatch areas with rigid cover
- Rod tip protectors on either side of the bow
- Two flush-mount rod holders aft of the seat
- Paddle bungees on either side
- Integrated hand-controlled rudder system
- Large front and rear hatches with heavy duty latch system
- Huge rear tank well, perfectly sized for an Orion Core 45
- Bungee-less bow design, make it virtually ‘snag-free’
- Molded-in rod tip protectors
- Tons of gear track from bow to stern allow you to rig it your way
- Included deck pads for comfortable standing (and to keep it quiet when you drop stuff)
- Easy to access hand steering system
- A four-hole bolt pattern on the stern to support accessories such as the PowerPole and Torqeedo trolling motor mount adaptor