Salus Marine Proto PFD
The Proto PFD is a recent addition to Salus Marine’s line of personal flotation devices inspired by their ever-popular Jazz PFD. Considered a crossover jacket, the Proto can be stripped down for play boating with most of the webbing and adjustment points concealed from snags, or it can also be loaded with gear for flat-water touring, guiding, and long expeditions.
Similar to the Jazz, the Proto PFD features a streamlined design and rocker shape that forms to your torso and offers full range of motion for both high and low angle paddle strokes. The sculpted, low-profile foam placement provides a comfortable, contoured fit appreciated by paddlers of all shapes and sizes. As such, the Proto sits lower on the torso making it the perfect option for bigger, barrel-chested men or females with a large bust line; however, those paddling recreational kayaks with high backrests may find the low fit causes the jacket to ‘ride up’ when sitting in their boats.
The Proto PFD is loaded with features making it one of the most advanced jackets we stock. It includes:
- Hydration back pouch that is covered to keep water out of the sun for 1.5L – 2L bladders
- Hydration hose tunnel in the shoulder strap offers clean, easy access to drinking water
- Removable quick-release belt for tow line when guiding or paddling in groups (pig tail/bungee not included)
- Quick-Release carabineer module that can be attached in five different locations
- Two utility lashing tabs for mounting knifes, strobes or other small PFD accessories
- Large front zippered pocket that also houses adjustment straps to keep the front of the jacket clear of snag points
- Dry-Lex technology lines the back and front inside panels of the jacket for improved breathability and water absorption
- 500 Denier Cordura durable outer shell is resistant to tearing, fraying, and fading during regular use
- Reflective 3M Scotchlite trim enhances visibility on cloudy days or after sundown.