|Optimal Paddler Weight (Low)|
|Optimal Paddler Weight (High)|
Delta Kayaks 15.5 GT with Skeg
In 2015, Delta Kayaks gave it's original flagship 15.5 Expedition model a complete redesign. The newly unveiled Delta 15.5 GT is sleeker, sexier and now incorporates all of Delta Kayaks' 2nd generation improvements and upgrades. Its optimized V-shaped hull, narrower beam, and form-fitting cockpit translates into increased speed, tracking, and overall performance!
Here's a peek at the other changes:
- ‘Contour Seat System’ for customized comfort and achieving a controlled fit – additional padding has been incorporated for 2015
- Ergonomic Dual-Density Hand Holds for an easier carry to and from the water
- ‘Press-Lock’ Hatch Covers for drier storage and easier access
- Innovative ‘Bungee Risers’ Bow & Stern for spare paddle storage
- Integrated Cockpit Rim to reduce weight and chance of damage
- Addition of ‘Centre Day Pod’ for quick access to small gear items out on the water
- Recessed Deck Rigging for a sleeker, no-snag tidy look
- Tamper-Proof locking / towing point
Now that's what we call making a great boat even better!
The Delta 15.5 GT Kayak is a larger version of the Delta 14 and is a wonderful choice for medium & large paddlers 170 to 250 lbs seeking a quality, no-surprises touring kayak that confidently handles virtually every water condition. The shallow Vee hull and well-defined sides provide a very solid feel for turns and edging.
Large hatches and the addition of the centre day pod offer and an incredible 261.4 liters of storage space. For longer expeditions the rear deck is engineered to be low immediately aft of the cockpit to enhance lay-back rolls, then rises to maximize storage in the stern compartment.
"Delta Kayak 15.5 GT provides paddlers a roomy, user-friendly, shorter touring kayak, which retains the efficiency and predictability and upgraded features normally only found in longer, more expensive Sea Kayaks"
- Large hatches offer immense storage with 'Press-Lock' covers for easy access
- Rear deck is engineered to be low aft of the cockpit to enhance lay-back rolls, then rises to maximize storage in the stern compartment
- Contoured Seat System facilitates trimming the ergonomic seat a full 4 -inches (forward or aft) to optimize performance and paddler fit
- Proudly made in Canada using computer-assisted designs and a patented acrylic Solar*Kote Thermoform capstock that offers a fabulous glossy finish, is virtually indestructible, and UV protected against fading
Other Features Include:
- Comprehensive deck rigging with reflective perimeter lines
- Seadog Gas Pedal Style rudder system (vastly superior to sliding pedal systems) as it gives paddlers the ability to brace and steer independently without sacrificing one to perform the other
- The Delta 15.5GT Kayak comes with a 3- Year Limited Warranty against defective materials or workmanship to the original owner
Note: image depicts the ruddered version, the skeg variant does not come with rudder.