Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Paddle Board Lessons - Basic Skills Course
Our paddle board lessons consists of a 1.5hr basic skills course that focuses on flat-water paddling. Learn the proper stance, paddling techniques, safety, and recovery methods; get educated on board construction, design, and transportation methods.
Paddle board lessons are taught on-site at on beautiful Pearkes Lake. This is a great opportunity to check out different boards, paddles, get some instruction, enjoy nature, and have fun!
Stand-Up Paddleboarding is easy to learn, yet you can continue to improve indefinitely. SUP provides a fantastic core workout, and its unique standing position offers you a unique perspective on the water.
Try it for yourself by signing up for a paddle board lessons today!
Prerequisites: Willingness to learn, have fun, and get wet
Length: 1.5 Hour
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $65.00 + $8.45 (13% HST) = $73.45
Note: Receive a 50% discount on your SUP Clinic by signing up for a our Getting Started Kayaking Course that runs on the same date!
How to Book
Contact us about customizing a date for your paddle board lessons!
- Board Designs
- Board Types – Touring or Displacement, Planning or Traditional, and Inflatables
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘legal’ vs. what one needs to be ‘safe’
On Water Skills
- Entering and Exiting from a board on a Dock and Shoreline
- Forward and Reverse Strokes
- Technical Strokes: Sweeps, Draws, Cross-Bow, Bracing
- Different Stance Techniques
- How to Safely Fall off and Get Back on
- Stand-Up Paddleboard
- SUP Paddle
- Throw Bag
- Board Leash
Suggested Stuff to Bring
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses and Eye Glass Floats
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Properly Water Clothing: Bathing suit, T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, etc... (whatever you feel most comfortable in
- Change of Clothes and Towel
- Water shoes or Sandals (not required)
Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of a cancellation. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase.
Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation.
Places to Stay
We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night, and there are country-style Bed and Breakfasts nearby. Kingston is a short 35-minutes away with an abundance of accommodations available.
If you're looking for a unique stay during your paddle board lessons, check out Cabinscape's Penner Cabin located on our property!
Should you have any questions about our basic skills SUP course, please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at [email protected]!
To learn more about the different SUP boards we carry, be sure to check out the paddleboard page of our website!
Add your review
Review Paddle Board Lessons - Basic Skills Course