Paddleboard Lessons - Basic SUP Skills Course
Paddleboard Lessons - Basic Skills Course
Our Paddle Canada Certified SUP Lesson consists of a 4 hr basic skills course focusing on flat-water paddling. Learn proper stance, paddling techniques, safety, and recovery methods; learn about board construction, design, and transportation methods.
Paddleboard lessons are taught on-site on beautiful Pearkes Lake. This is an excellent opportunity to check out different boards and paddles, get instructions, enjoy nature, and have fun!
Stand-Up Paddleboarding is easy to learn, yet you can continue to improve indefinitely. SUP provides a fantastic core workout, and its unique standing position offers a unique perspective on the water.
Try it for yourself by signing up for paddle board lessons today!
Prerequisites: Willingness to learn, have fun, and get wet
Length: 4 Hours
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre
How to Book
Contact us about customizing a date for your paddle board lessons!
- Board Designs
- Board Types – Touring or Displacement, Planning or Traditional, and Inflatables
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be 'legal' vs. what one needs to be 'safe.'
On Water Skills
- Entering and Exiting from a board on a Dock and Shoreline
- Forward and Reverse Strokes
- Technical Strokes: Sweeps, Draws, Cross-Bow, Bracing
- Different Stance Techniques
- How to Safely Fall off and Get Back on
- Use of a leash
- Understanding weather and Paddling Conditions
- Lifting and Carrying a SUP
- Choosing the proper paddle
- Proper paddling technique
- Paddling in different positions
- Stand-Up Paddleboard
- SUP Paddle
- Throw Bag
- Board Leash
Suggested Stuff to Bring
- Wide-brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses and Eye Glass Floats
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Proper Water Clothing: Bathing suit, T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, etc... (whatever you feel most comfortable in
- Change of Clothes and Towel
- Water shoes or Sandals (not required)
Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of cancellation, provided the cancellation has occurred a minimum of 30 days before any course date. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase but must be used up within the same calendar year.
Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses due to extreme weather or lack of participation.
Places to Stay
We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at an additional cost.
Should you have any questions about our basic skills SUP course, please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
To learn more about the different SUP boards we carry, check out our website's paddleboard page!