Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Private Kayak Lessons
There’s nothing like One on One Kayak Instruction to quickly improve your kayak skills & efficiency. Over the years we have had the privilege of teaching Private Kayak Lessons to paddlers from across the country & even around the world. Take advantage of our expertise to give you positive constructive feedback and skills analysis to help you achieve your kayaking goals.
Note: Private Kayak Lessons are normally run on Thursday’s between 10 am & 3 pm on a date that is mutually convenient to both instructor & student(s). Courses run as scheduled rain or shine!
“Purchasing my kayak from Frontenac Outfitters and then returning for my Private Kayak Lessons was the perfect way for me. I could learn what I wanted in a comfortable environment at my own pace.”
– Lisa Charbonneau- 1000 Islands
Private Kayak Lessons
Prerequisite: Willingness to learn and have fun!
Length: Determined by participant: 2-3 hour session is recommended for beginners
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $75.00 (per hour) + 13% HST
Note: For group sessions, a charge of $35.00 an hour is applicable per additional student.
How to Book
Contact Us about customizing a date for your Private Kayak Lessons
What You’ll Learn
After a dry land skills and goals discussion, we complete a brief on-water paddling evaluation. Then we’ll proceed with a customized kayak instruction course specific to your individual needs
What we Provide
- Sea Kayak
- Kayak Paddle
- Spray Skirt
- Paddle Float
- Throw Bag
Suggested Stuff to Bring (Weather Dependant)
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses (we sell eyeglass holders & floaters)
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Bathing suit & towel
- T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, undergarments
- Raincoat, paddling jacket & sweater (if needed)
- Water shoes or sandals
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Lunch (on full-day courses)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30 – 40 minutes to the south. Places to stay