Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level 2
Take your abilities to the next level with the five-day Paddle Canada Level 2 Sea Kayaking Skill Course.
This course is for you if you have your Level 1 Sea Kayaking certification from Paddle Canada and are ready to learn the skills necessary for multiday expeditions.
Gain the skills needed to kayak in class-2 conditions along semi-exposed shorelines. Learn to lead groups, plan routes, and perform a variety of open water rescues in a full-participation style. Gain vital skills like incident management, self-care for paddling long durations, and navigation.
The first night will be car camping at Frontenac outfitters, and the following four nights will be kayak camping in the Thousand Islands.
Camping accommodations will be provided, but you are responsible for your tent, sleep system, etc.
Sept. 21st - 25th of 2022
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayaking Level 1 Certification
- Experienced at least three one-day long kayaking trips
*Wilderness First Aid training is recommended, but it's not necessary.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding these prerequisites.
- Five days of sea kayak instruction
- One-on-one assistance for skills as needed
- Campsite accommodations
- Level 2 Certification - upon meeting standards and registration with Paddle Canada
Must meet required standards to attain Level 2 Sea Kayaking Certification
Skills you will learn:
- Advanced Rescues
- How to forecast weather for paddling
- Introduction to Kayak Rolling
- Food preparation
- Basic shelter skills
- Navigation skills
- New maneuvering techniques
- Improve your forward stroke
What you should bring
- A drysuit or proper immersion gear
- A full touring kayak with two bulkheads
- All safety gear, as required by Transport Canada
- A skirt appropriate for your touring kayak and a paddle float
- A personal towing system
- Meals - Prepare for four days worth of meals - We'll be car camping for one day but kayak camping for the rest of the course.
- Charts or Topo Map of paddling location
- Compass and Navigation Aids
- Sleeping bags, camping gear*
- Personal on-water garments
- Personal comfort items like extra snacks, sunscreen etc.
*Pack light - We will be car camping one night at Frontenac Outfitters, but we will be kayak camping in the Thousand Islands for four nights, with no plans to return until the 25th.