Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons
SUP Board Courses: “Walk on Water With Us!”
Our 1.5-hour SUP Board Courses focuses on ‘flat-water touring’ (not surfing). Learn proper stance, paddling techniques, safety and recovery methods. We’ll cover the basics, including SUP board construction, design, handling and transportation methods.
SUP Board Courses are taught on-site at our Paddlesports Centre on beautiful Pearkes Lake. This is a great opportunity to check out different boards, paddles, get some instruction, enjoy nature… and get WET!
Join our team in spreading the word about this exciting new water sport. We look forward to having you in one of our SUP Board Courses!
Stand Up Paddling is the hottest new craze in watersports. It attracts all types of enthusiasts, from those looking to shed a few pounds, to athletes in training, to families and social groups spending quality time together.
It’s easy to learn, yet you can continue to improve indefinitely. SUP provides a fantastic core body workout, and its unique standing position allows you to see more above & below the water. SUP is part paddling, part surfing and part body control.
- Board Designs
- Board Types – Flatwater Touring, Wave/Surf Riding, Recreational and Inflatable
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘legal’ vs. what one needs to be ‘safe.’
- Entering / Exiting from a board on a Dock / Shoreline
- Forward / Reverse Strokes
- Sweeps, Draws, Pivots, Rafting
- Proper Water Entry & Stance Techniques
- Recovery Strokes & Bracing
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- SUP Paddle
- Paddle Float
- Throw Bag
- Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of cancellation. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase.
- Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation.
Suggested Stuff to Bring
- Wide-brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses (we sell eyeglass holders & floaters)
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Bathing suit & towel
- T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, undergarments
- Water shoes or sandals
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30–40 minutes to the south. Places to stay
Cost and Requirements
Prerequisites: Willing to Learn, Have Fun, and Get Wet!
Length: 1.5 Hour
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $65.00 + $8.45 (13% HST) = $73.45
Note: Receive a 50% discount on your SUP Clinic by signing up for our Getting Started Kayak course that runs on the same date!
How to Book
Complete the registration form to sign up - payment is due in advance to secure your spot with it being processed online, in person, or over the phone.
Courses have a limited capacity, so we recommend that you book in advance.
Courses operate rain or shine and are only delayed by lightning or unruly weather.