Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Intro to Canoeing
Canoe Courses- Intro to Canoeing
Whether you are new to canoeing or want to shake off those rusty, bad habits & refine your skills, our 3 hr, canoe Courses provide the perfect opportunity. What you can expect to learn from our Canoe Courses are basic strokes and maneuvers, paddling with an emphasis on steering (‘J’ Stroke), and launching methods and canoe design & terminology.
Level One Sea Kayaking Course Itinerary:
- Boat Designs & Terminology
- Canoe Types – Tripping/Performance, Recreational, Solo
- Safety features, what constitutes a safe canoe
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘legal’ vs. what one needs to be ‘safe.’
- Entering / Exiting a canoe from a Dock / Shoreline
- Forward / Reverse Strokes
- ‘J’ Stroke, Sweeps, Draws, Pry, Rafting
- T-Bow Rescue
- Launching Methods
- ‘NEW’ Quality Tandem Tripping/Performance Canoe
- Paddling PFD
- Canoe Paddle
- Throw Bag
By booking a course, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Courses are non-refundable; however, if a cancellation is made 30 days prior to the scheduled course date, a credit is kept on file. The credit can be used towards a future course or purchase. Course participants can allow someone else to take their spot instead, but please contact us and let us know the participant will be changing. If you are not able to attend the scheduled course, let us know and we will try to fill your position. If we are able to fill the position, you will receive a reimbursement.
Courses are non-refundable.
Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation.
Suggested items to bring (weather dependant):
- Wide-brimmed sun hat
- Sunglasses (we sell eyeglass holders & floaters)
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Bathing suit & towel
- T-shirt, light long-sleeve shirt, shorts, undergarments
- Water shoes or sandals
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Where to stay:
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $35 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30–40 minutes to the south. Places to stay
Should you have any questions about our Canoe Courses, please do not hesitate to call 613.376.6220 or email us at [email protected]
Cost and Requirements:
Prerequisite: Swim 50- Metres with a PFD
Course Length: 3 Hours
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $85.00 + $11.05 (13% HST) = $96.05 (Includes Canoe and Gear)
How to Book
Complete the registration form to sign up - payment is due in advance to secure your spot with it being processed online, in person, or over the phone.
Courses have a limited capacity, so we recommend booking in advance.
Courses operate rain or shine and are only delayed by lightning or unruly weather.