Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Kayak Navigation Course
Prerequisite: Working knowledge of maps is helpful.
Course Length: Determined by participant: 1-2 hour session is recommended
Location: Frontenac Outfitters Canoe & Kayak Centre’s Pearkes Lake
Cost: $75.00 (per hour) + 13% Tax
Note: For group sessions, a charge of $35 per hour is applicable for each additional student.
How to Book
Contact Us to arrange your time & date!
- Purpose of GPS technology
- Fundaments of Geocaching, Trip Planning & Water/Land Navigation
- UTM Map Reading, GPS Waypoint Plotting & Route Formation
- Safety planning & Plan B requirements
- Safety equipment – what one needs to be ‘safe’
- Sea Kayak
- Paddling Gear
- Courses are non-refundable; however, a credit is kept on file in the instance of a cancellation. This credit can be used towards a future course or purchase.
- Frontenac Outfitters reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course or clinic due to inclement weather or lack of participation
Suggested Stuff to Bring (Weather Dependant)
- Your own GPS if desired
- Wide brimmed sun hat
- Sunscreen & lip balm (waterproof)
- Water Bottle (we stock pop & water)
- Most Importantly… an attitude for having FUN!!!
Places to Stay
- We offer on-site wooded & waterfront campsites at $25 per night
- Country style B & B’s are nearby, or endless accommodation in Kingston is 30–40 minutes to the south. Places to stay